[yadifa-users] Define source address for transfers

Bart Mortelmans yadifa at bart.bim.be
Thu Feb 24 21:23:10 CET 2022

Hi,

While this might not be the solution you're looking for: faced with this
problem, we decided to only configure the IP-address from which outgoing
requests should originate in the server network configuration. And then
activate the other addresses afterwords. We use Rocky Linux with
NetworkManager enabled, so activating the other IP's is done with a
script in /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/

If you configure your network on your server that way, all outgoing
requests on your server, for which no specific source address is
specified, should reliably originate from that same IP-address thus
configured during boot time. Any other solution we tried caused the
source IP to possibly change after a reboot.

And: if you are using NetworkManager and activate the IP's in
/etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/, they should be active before Yadifa
starts. So you won't even need to enable "net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind".

This being said: "+1" for the feature request: being able to configure
the source address for outgoing requests in the Yadifa configuration.

Sincerely,

Bart Mortelmans