[yadifa-users] Yadifa as a slave questions (AXFR only and auto backup zone to file)

Tim Habex Tim.Habex at eurid.eu
Tue Oct 24 14:18:19 CEST 2017

Dear Mehmed,

> Something like ixfr-disable or axfr-only or similar in slave configuration will be great

We are opting to fall back to an AXFR transfer when an IXFR returns the error NOTIMPL (what NSD does), so it will automatically work for this scenario.

> Also, SIGUSR1 do same as yadifa -t sync -q zone with or without --clean, i think?

Correct. It will be the same as sync (without --clean).

> But, in my case, only first, initial transfer of zones is valid, others not, because of NSD and IXFR issue, so periodically saving zone to the file do nothing usable.

You are correct. Until the fallback to AXFR, you will indeed be saving the outdated zone.

Kind regards,

Tim Habex