[yadifa-users] Yadifa as a slave questions (AXFR only and auto backup zone to file)

Mehmed Kahrić mehmed.kahric at vlatacom.com
Tue Oct 24 11:35:32 CEST 2017

Hi Tim,

I am glad to hear about patch, I hope it will be in mainline soon. Something like ixfr-disable or axfr-only or similar in slave configuration will be great.

Also, SIGUSR1 do same as yadifa -t sync -q zone with or without --clean, i think? But, in my case, only first, initial transfer of zones is valid, others not, because of NSD and IXFR issue, so periodically saving zone to the file do nothing usable.

Regards,
	--
Mehmed Kahrić Sistem inženjer | Vlatacom institut 011.3771188

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 15:15, Tim Habex  wrote:
Dear,

 > it is possible force AXFR only in scenario whit NSD as a master and Yadifa as a slave (because NSD as a master not support IXFR)?

 Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are working on a patch to better inter-operate with NSD.
 > how to automatically and periodically save slave zone to file, if this is possible?

 Although there is no scheduler in YADIFA for doing this automatically, you can send SIGUSR1 to the yadifad daemon, which will save all the files to disk.

 Kind regards,

 Tim Habex
 	[yadifa-users] Yadifa as a slave questions (AXFR only and auto backup zone to file)