[yadifa-users] My reasons for giving up on YADIFA

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Thu Apr 13 14:56:16 CEST 2017

On 13/04/2017 14:30, Nis Wechselberg wrote:

Hi Nis,

> Yes! I really welcome the fact that the source is on Github now, but in
> my opinion that is only the beginning. There are certainly issues and
> there are almost certainly feature requests from users. Please open up
> here and give the community a chance to participate in discussions.

The source code is on GitHub? Since when? I had no idea. There was no
announcement about it on this mailing list. And if it was announced via
Twitter, well, then it obviously didn't get my attention.

The web page, www.yadifa.eu, doesn't make any mention of the repo on
GitHub either. The download pages only have links to released versions.

As I said before, communication about yadifa is severely lacking.

> That being said, I think the team around yadifa has already realized the
> problem and I am confident that they will do their best.

I like your optimism. For your sake, I hope the project develops in a
way that will help you achieve your goals.

Regards,
Anand