[yadifa-users] yadifa 2.2.0 crash

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Wed Jul 20 12:10:42 CEST 2016

On 19/07/16 18:27, yadifa wrote:

Hi yadifa devs,

> Version 2.2.1 holds a fix for this issue.
> You can find the latest release on http://www.yadifa.eu/download
>
> Please note we also have bugreport at yadifa.eu which is more suitable
> for these type of reports.

I just compiled and ran 2.2.1, and it crashed again. Perhaps there are
still more bugs. I'm sending the actual log to bugreport at yadifa.eu.

I don't like this closed-style where individual emails are sent, and
no-one else can see what's being reported. It's almost as if you don't
want the world to see what bugs are being reported.

I really think your bug repository should be open, so that other users
can see what issues are being reported. Knot, NSD and PowerDNS all have
an open style of bug reporting, and it really helps users to see if
they're experiencing similar issues, or comment on existing bugs to
provide suggestions and valuable input.

Regards,
Anand