[yadifa-users] listening on non-local interfaces

Jürgen Geinitz geinitz at denic.de
Mon Oct 19 09:32:20 CEST 2015

Ah,
there's a difference in operating. We don't take down the dummy
interfaces, we just tell the router/balancer not to feed this site any
more (making use of the priviledge that one location has at least two
physical servers). We can even take down the interfaces (dummy and eth1)
as a whole because data, maintainance and update are feed through a
pyhsical different interface. Therefore you won't see an outage on the
location even if we do a re-install of the whole machine.

best regards
Juergen

PS.: and yes 0.0.0.0 and :: are no options. The security officer would
kill me if he finds out during a security scan ;-)

09:00:04:

> Von: Peter Hudec <phudec at cnc.sk>
> Datum: 19.10.2015 09:00
> Betreff: Re: [yadifa-users] listening on non-local interfaces
> Gesendet von: yadifa-users-bounces at mailinglists.yadifa.eu
>
> Hi,
>
> so do I.
> But the BGP is configured to work with the addresses on the interfaces.
> If the interface is up, the bgp annouces the IPv4/6 prefix, if down
don't.

> So if I do some maintenance, I put the dummyX interfaces down. This
works well, but if I restart the DNS process it will not start
> due missing ip addresses to listen.
>
> I can't use 0.0.0.0 or ::0 while the Yadifa/the same the others dns
servers/ is using send/receive function,This will choose the

http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/freeradius/freeradius-32/freeradius/src/lib/udpfromto.c
.

> Enumerate interfaces as BIND do and bind to specific interface. Debain
scripts do 'reload' on ifup/ifdown and the BIND will bind/
> unbind the address.
>
> But I think adding listen to non-local interfaces is much more simpler.
>
>     best regards
>         Peter
>
> On 19/10/15 08:10, Jürgen Geinitz wrote:
> Hello,
> to speak for .DE, we are using dummy network devices to solve this

:
: deleted
:
> yadifa-users mailing list
> yadifa-users at mailinglists.yadifa.eu

> --
> Peter Hudec
> Infraštruktúrny architekt
> phudec at cnc.sk
> CNC, a.s.
> Borská 6, 841 04 Bratislava
> Recepcia: +421 2  35 000 100
> Mobil:+421 905 997 203
> www.cnc.sk_______________________________________________
> yadifa-users mailing list
> yadifa-users at mailinglists.yadifa.eu

--
-------------------------
Juergen Geinitz

DENIC eG
Kaiserstr. 75-77
D-60239 Frankfurt am Main
Fon +49 69 27235 179
Fax +49 69 27235 235
geinitz at denic.de
www.denic.de
PGP-KeyID: 0xC42163B4 , Fingerprint: 6CC9 A263 12ED B9Be 69B5 9487 F80E
7392 C421 63B4

Sitz: Frankfurt am Main
Eingetragen unter Nr. 770 im Genossenschaftsregister beim Amtsgericht
Frankfurt am Main
Vorstand: Helga Krüger, Andreas Musielak, Carsten Schiefner, Dr. Jörg
Schweiger
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Thomas Keller