[yadifa-users] listening on non-local interfaces

Peter Hudec phudec at cnc.sk
Mon Oct 19 09:18:18 CEST 2015

Hi Anand,

our setup is a little bit complicated, I mentioned only one, the most
trivial,  use case.

We are talking about anycast nodes. We have 3 anycast prefixes.Each
server is serving  only one IPv4/6 prefix but it's  as backup for the
others. So in case of emergency I can serve more then one prefix. All I
need to do is ifup dummyX.

This setup is much more easier to maintain as change BGP configuration
to announce new prefix.

As you can see, the listening on non-local interfaces is our default setup.

    best regards
        Peter

--
*Peter Hudec*