[yadifa-users] Yadifa as slave server for Microsoft DNS server

Eric Diaz Fernandez eric.diazfernandez at eurid.eu
Tue Sep 10 11:29:59 CEST 2013

Dear Mr Markovic,

We have installed a Windows Server 2008 R2 and DNS 6.1.7601 to see the
issue.
When answering for an AXFR, the windows server gives no error, but sets
the AA bit to 0.

The AXFR protocol is defined in RFC 5936.

The RFC 5936 states that in the case of an AXFR answer with no error
(RCODE set to 0), the AA bit MUST be set.

Given that the answer does not follows the protocol defined by the RFC,
YADIFAD rejects it as invalid protocol.

We will support the behaviour of Windows DNS in version YADIFA 2.0 with
a setting.

Meanwhile, please find attached a patch forcing yadifa 1.0.3 to accept
Windows DNS AXFR answers.

To apply it :
_ decompress yadifa-1.0.3 from the archive
_ copy the patch file in the yadifa-1.0.3-2880 directory
_ enter the yadifa-1.0.3-2880 directory
_ execute: zcat yadifa-1.0.3-2880-windowsdns.patch.gz | patch -p 1

Regards,

R&D Team

--
New email signature