[yadifa-users] subdomain configuration

Teuna Ferrand teuna.ferrand at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 06:54:07 CEST 2013

Hello,

this question has also been asked on serverfault.com:
http://serverfault.com/q/494702/162412

I'm trying to setup subdomains on my DNS server running Yadifa 1.0.2 on
Ubuntu 12.10 64bit but can't get it to work.

in my yadifad.conf, my zone looks like this

<zone>
  type                    master
  domain                  domain.tld.
  file                    masters/domain.tld.zone
  allow-transfer          any                          # for tests
</zone>

my domain.tld.zone file looks like this

$ORIGIN domain.tld.
domain.tld.              IN    SOA ns.domain.tld. hostmaster.domain.tld. 1
10800 3600 604800 86400
                               A 10.0.0.12
                               NS ns.domain.tld.

ns                       IN    A 10.0.0.250
host                     IN    A 10.0.0.32
host.subdomain           IN    A 10.0.0.110
alias.subdomain          IN    CNAME host.subdomain

Running this configuration I can query my server for host.domain.tld fine
but if I query for host.subdomain.domain.tld or alias.subdomain.domain.tld
I get a host not found: 5(REFUSED) error.

I've tried many different configurations like moving my subdomain to it's
own zone file but nothing has worked so far.

What am I doing wrong?

--
Teuna Ferrand
mailto:teuna.ferrand at gmail.com