[yadifa-users] TLSA Resource Record

Paul van Brouwershaven paul at vanbrouwershaven.com
Thu Oct 11 14:17:20 CEST 2012

Hi Gery,

Thanks for you explanation.

Going back to the Miek's point on unknown resource records in general.
I think it would make sense that the server is supporting unknown
resource records to enable new types to be deployed without a software
update.

In section 3 Transparency of rfc3597:

"name servers and resolvers MUST handle RRs of unknown type
transparently. That is, they must treat the RDATA section of such RRs
as unstructured binary data, storing and transmitting it without
change"

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Gery Van Emelen
<gery.vanemelen at eurid.eu> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> The TLSA RR will be added in the next release of YADIFA.
>

> As master name server, YADIFA can only parse those RR which are mentioned in the reference manual (http://www.yadifa.eu/sites/default/files/yadifa-reference-manual.pdf).
>
> As slave name server, YADIFA is not fully RFC 3597 compliant, but will accept the RR.
>

> Regards,
>
> Gery
>

> --
>
> Gery Van Emelen
> Senior System Developer
>

> On 11 Oct 2012, at 09:18, Miek Gieben <miek at miek.nl> wrote:
>
>> [ Quoting <paul at vanbrouwershaven.com> in "Re: [yadifa-users] TLSA Resource Re..." ]
>>> In the reference manual is listed that "everything else will give an
>>> error and be ignored":
>>
>> Hmm...
>>
>>> 8.3 Resource records types
>>> YADIFA knows only these types, everything else will give an error and
>>> be ignored.
>>>
>>> SOA
>>> NS
>>> MX