[yadifa-announce] YADIFA release 2.1.6
Gery Van Emelen
Gery.VanEmelen at eurid.eu
Mon Feb 8 10:35:15 CET 2016
The latest version of YADIFA can be found on the web site for YADIFA http://www.yadifa.eu/download.
No update of YADIFA manual: YM210.pdf.
No announcement was made for release 2.1.5. The fixes of both releases 2.1.5 and 2.1.6 are mentioned.
- Fixed an issue where the referral would not be measured for UDP on a optimised build.
- Fixed an issue where getting a huge incremental transfer would prevent the server from answering queries while applying the changes.
- Fixed an issue serving IXFR that would occur when a incremental change step was bigger than 64KB
- Fixed an issue for Solaris with the memory alignment fix not active everywhere
- Fixed an issue on the Solaris build settings
- Fixed an issue where sometimes yadifad would not find a configuration file given as a parameter with a relative path
- Fixed an issue where a wild-card would not be properly returned with an AXFR
- Fixed an issue where dynamically updating a zone at a speed such that the zone file would need to be written multiple times on disk
before finishing the previous write could lead to a deadloc
- Supported platforms : Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, OSX and Solaris
- Authoritative name server
- Load zone files
- Resource Record types:
SOA, A, AAAA, NS, CNAME, PTR, HINFO, TXT, MX
NAPTR, SRV, SSHFP, TLSA, WKS, DNSKEY, DS, RRSIG, NSEC, NSEC3, NSEC3PARAM
- Directives and special constructs:
- TTL, ORIGIN, *(wildcard) and @
- Zone transfer
- Master & Slave
- AXFR / IXFR
- Dynamic update
- DSASHA1 (algorithm 3)
- DSASHA1 NSEC3 (algorithm 6)
- RSASHA1 (algorithm 5)
- RSASHA1 NSEC3 (algorithm 7)
- RSASHA256 NSEC3 (algorithm 8)
- RSASHA512 NSEC3 (algorithm 10)
- Automatic resigning
- DNS Response Rate Limiting
- yadifa client for accessing yadifad servers
- Building successfully with LTO may require to append both AR=gcc-ar and RANLIB=gcc-ranlib to the ./configure command
- —enable-message does not work on OpenBSD 32-bit
- Removing the last key of a signed zone is permitted by YADIFA, but triggers some chicken-egg issue with signatures
- Adding and or removing NSEC3PARAM dynamically is not properly handled.
R & D team EURid
More information about the yadifa-announce