YADIFA is a lightweight authoritative Name Server with DNSSEC capabilities. Developed by the passionate people behind the .eu top-level domain, YADIFA has been built from scratch to face today’s DNS challenges, with no compromise on security, speed and stability, to offer a better and safer Internet experience.
YADIFA has a simple configuration syntax and can handle more queries per second while maintaining one of the lowest memory footprints in the industry. YADIFA also has one of the fastest zone file load times ever recorded on a name server.
YADIFA was developed on FreeBSD and a GNU/Linux. It works on OSX and will be soon ported to other Unix flavours like OpenBSD and Solaris. A Microsoft Windows version is also on the cards.
View the presentation of YADIFA's launch at ICANN 44 on 25 June 2012 on slideshare.
- YADIFA uses the least memory when compared with other name servers.
- It’s super fast. The queries-per-second rate is one of the highest in the industry.
- It loads zone files faster than any other name server solution.
- It’s cross platform, compiling on GNU/Linux (UBUNTU, Debian, CentOS), FreeBSD and OSX. Other Unix flavours and Windows support are planned.
- YADIFA was built by the passionate people behind the .eu top-level domain.
- Continuously improved and maintained, YADIFA's roadmap promises some great features. Dynamic zone provisioning, generic database backends, integrated DNSSEC key management, recursion, validation, split horizon are only some of the features that the YADIFA team is cooking up.
- YADIFA is compliant with the relevant RFCs.
- Measurable performances: We regularly benchmark YADIFA and publish the results so keep an eye out for up-to-date performance results.
Fast and secure
- YADIFA is fully DNSSEC compliant.
- Painless DNS update: YADIFA has an NSupdate feature with DNSSEC support.
- YADIFA doesn’t charge per-anything license fees.
- You can download the YADIFA source code for free.
How much does it cost?
YADIFA is distributed under BSD 3-clause license. It is open source and completely free.